A special Commission deals with the procedure for evaluating and selecting candidates, this procedure is divided into two phases:
- Evaluation of qualifications and skills of candidates according to the Evaluation Criteria listed below, for a maximum score of 50/100. Candidates who pass this first phase, obtaining a minimum score of at least 35/50 will be invited to attend an interview with the Commission.
- Interview with the Commission to assess the candidate’s actual skills and to ascertain knowledge of the English language. Maximum score 50/100.
At the end of the procedure, the candidates with the highest scores will be able to enroll in the Master. A detailed breakdown of the points can be found in the official documents.
Up to a maximum of 15 points for the degree grade (this is intended to refer to the access title), distributed as follows (link):
- equal to 110/110 cum laude 15 points
- equal to 110/110 12 points
- between 108/110 and 109/110 9 points
- between 105/110 and 107/110 7 points
- between 99/110 and 104/110 5 points
- Vote less than 99/110 0 points
For more information on how to translate your grades, please refer to these links: http://internationalactivities.unipv.it/double-degree/partnership/, http://internationalactivities.unipv.it/erasmus/ects-tables/
Up to a maximum of 15 points for publications and any other postgraduate qualification relevant to the topics of the master’s degree, divided as follows
- 5 points for PhD
- 5 points for specialisation diploma and/or University Master’s degree and/or master’s degree (with the exception of the degree in Medicine and Surgery) obtained in related topics
- Up to 5 points for scientific publications related to the topics of the master (evaluated by the number and scientific impact)
Up to a maximum of 10 points for professional experience related to the topics of the master, which will be evaluated as follows:
- 10 points if longer than 2 years
- 5 points if between 1 and 2 years
- 2 points if less than 1 year
Up to a maximum of 10 points for the letter of reference, which will be evaluated as follows:
- 5 points awarded to the relevance to the xAIM master’s degree topics of the research topics/experience of the reference person
- 5 points assigned to the relevance of the referee’s institution in reference to the topics of the xAIM master’s degree.
NOTE: In the event of a tie, the younger candidate will be preferred.
Should an applicant withdraw, his/her place will be offered to the next applicant, according to the points until all places are taken.